Monday, February 16, 2009

Guest Books

I just finished creating this guest book for one of my Etsy customers!
She wanted a special book for her son's 1st Birthday.
Her son's guests will 'sign' the book with their feet!
I thought that was such a sweet way to remember
a special day!
I started making these when I was looking for a guest book for my Mom's 8oth Birthday.
All I could find in the stores were the same white books with silver lettering for a wedding or anniversary, but there was nothing for Birthdays, bridal showers,sweet sixteen parties, baby showers, going away parties or to use for a beach or lake house.
I gave the first one I made to my sister for her lake cottage.
There are 20 pages in this book, each decorated to match.
On the first page I put the event page with the Guest of Honor's name
& date of their special event!
You can put a picture from your event or of your guest of honor on the inside cover or even the invitation as a keepsake.
The pages are made of heavy card stock and each one is accented with coordinating paper or a
little embellishment. For the book above I added vellum accents of lions, elephants & giraffes to the right side pages and on the left had vellum dots accenting the side.
I have these guest books listed in my Etsy shop with some pictures of other custom
books I have created.

No comments: