Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Lined up


I am busy finishing the recipe journals today. My desk top almost looks like a battlefield with the victims scattered about! The tabs for the journals are lined up like little
soldiers waiting their turn to be added. There is a little more to creating the tabs than punching
them out, well for me, that is the beginning. I cut the tabs then fold them into shape. Next I use ink to outline the edges to give it an aged look. I love inking the edges of my paper, it gives it a more finished look & takes away the white edge you get when you cut paper. Sometimes I stipple the paper to age it a bit more, you take a brush (I like to use fat paint brushes with stiff bristles) and tap the end in ink. Then pounce the paint brush randomly around on your paper. Brown and black inks give it an aged look, white ink softens the look. I like using white on dark blue paper to give the look of aged denim. It is a few extra steps, but it adds a little something to your project!

No comments: